Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Will Follow Him

There is a song from the Sister Act movies that most of us know by heart that says, "I will follow Him...Follow Him wherever He may go...And near Him, I always will be...For nothing can keep me away...." This song has been in my head the past couple of weeks since we have known for sure that Brandon has accepted a new job opportunity in Birmingham and we are picking up our Nashville life and moving to Birmingham!! It's no easy thing to say goodbye to precious friends, workplaces that have become like home, neighbors that you can call at any hour, and church family that is part of you. However, when the Lord leads you - you go!! 

There is a post that we posted at the beginning of April called "Our Plan Is In His Hands" and it's now so amazing to go back and read the words that God put on our hearts just a little over a month ago now. It's so true that things around us may change, but God is going to stay the same - no matter what!! Wow! What an amazing promise. 

We are so excited about what the Lord has in store for us in this new chapter. It's certainly bittersweet to see this amazing chapter come to a close - but with God as the author of the story of our lives - we know that this next chapter will be just as amazing. We are blessed knowing that this move is going to bring us three hours closer to Brandon's family, put us in the same city as some dear friends, and be the means that God has provided for Brandon to provide for our family long-term. 

In the meantime, we are taking one day at a time! The following three pictures sum up what the past couple of days have been like around our house!! Designing a flyer to sell our home (that is a huge prayer request and we thank you in advance for keeping your eyes and ears open for a buyer), getting a real estate sign made to put out in our front yard, and getting B fitted for some new suits! We have had some great talks about how this transition is going to bring us closer to the Lord and to each other - and we have already seen that firsthand. We have also had some good laughs knowing that a big move like this will provide for some great marriage moments and future blog material...so stay tuned! 




Closing statement from the man of the house: "Life is moving fast right now. I can't say enough how much it means to me that Whit fears the Lord. Because she fears the Lord, she is willing to follow me wherever I lead. And don't hear this as a power trip that she has to follow where I lead because I'm her husband - I am blessed because she trusts me, believes in me, supports me, and respects me to the point where she will follow me wherever I lead our family. This would not be possible unless she fears God!!"

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to both of you on your new journey! God is taking you places and I wish the both of you well in your move! I am glad to meet both of you and wish you the best in your new careers! Keep in touch and thank you for your kindness these past few months. I have only known Brandon for a few months but it feels like I have known him for a few years! This type of thing doesn't happen too often!

    ReplyDelete