Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Celebrating Three Years!!

Three years ago yesterday, I married the love of my life. It's true that "time flies when you're having fun"...because it seriously seems like yesterday that we were walking out of the Seaside Chapel being announced for the first time as "Mr. and Mrs. Brandon Nall"!! It's amazing how much we have learned about each other and about our need for the Lord in these first three years of marriage. We have realized how selfish we are and how we need the Savior more than ever! 




A snapshot into the marriage moment of this week was talking through expectations of what our actual anniversary day will look like. We agreed that we do not need anything from each other as far as gifts go - and that the nice dinner we go to will be our anniversary gift to one another. I voiced that I love cards - and I also acknowledged that I know cards aren't necessarily something that Brandon has a "need" for but that I would like to make him one - 'cause that's a way I like to express my love for him. (I agreed for it to be homemade!!)




It was so nice to have talked through expectations before the actual day so that yesterday when we woke up, the day rolled with ease. I got the sweetest text from Brandon on my way to work (and we often joke that text messages and emails...from B...are my 'love language'!!) and then B was surprising me with dinner plans. All I knew was that we were dressing up and that we had reservations at 7pm. (And that's all I needed to know!!)



We drove downtown to one of Birmingham's finest spots - a place that I had yet to eat - Bottega! One of Brandon's childhood friends works there and we were treated like royalty. From the flowers and the note on the table, to the amazing food ... it was truly a night like no other! It is amazing how expressing your expectations and any certain "desires of your heart" on the front end - lend itself towards making such sweet memories. I praise the Lord for Brandon, my dear suitable helper to walk side-by-side with through this life. Daily he reminds me that we must continue to walk in a state of forgiveness towards each other as we grow in our relationship with the Lord and with each other. Last night I was reminded, in a tangible way, of the blessing it is when we walk the narrow road towards growing in grace. It's not always easy...but it certainly is worth it!! Thank you for all your texts, messages, and words of encouragement yesterday. So many of you are living examples of the marriages that we look up to and pray to be like as we grow older together. 






Closing statement from the man of the house: Taken from my Facebook status on our anniversary yesterday..."Today is to celebrate the best 3 years of my life! God is good to me all the time. And I praise God specifically this day for giving me Whit...my suitable helper, best friend, buddy, companion, and wife."

1 comment:

  1. Whitney & Brandon, Mom and I are so proud of yall. You two are a real blessing to us. Happy 3rd Anniversary!! May the good Lord continue to bless your marriage for MANY years to come!! We love you soooo much!! -Your Daddy/Jack

    ReplyDelete